The Lalique Group is a Swiss company from the luxury goods industry, based in Zurich and Paris, among other places. The challenge for Lalique was to further develop its digital strategy and open up new business areas. At the same time, it lacked the necessary know-how to develop digital products and the associated technical infrastructure.
In order to support Lalique in the development and implementation of its digital strategy, B-works contributed its expertise in the digital field as a sparring partner and acted as a venture building coach.
Together with Lalique's digital team, B-works laid the foundation and co-developed the new digital strategy as well as defined and implemented the new tech stack.
Project category: Venture building consulting, coaching, web development
Client: Lalique Group, Switzerland
Industry: Luxury goods
Objectives: Develop a digital strategy and implementation roadmap to develop and scale new business areas. In addition, support to build up digital working methods and implement a new tech stack to develop future digital products. The project included the following activities:
- Strategy workshop with the client to develop a digital strategy and implementation roadmap.
- Team Agility Check Workshop with the complete client team to determine the agile maturity level and identify key competencies in the team.
- Web Development Landscape workshop with developers to analyze current tech stack and developer competencies.
- Synthesize and prioritize all findings and derive opportunities and ideas on how to address them.
- Definition and implementation of the new tech stack for future website development.
- Introduction of Scrum and development of the first components for the new Lalique Group website.
- Hands-on coaching of the team in the Scrum methodology.
- Handover of the backlog to the team for independent development of the new Lalique Group website.
B-works role: Consulting, coaching, project management, software development
Technology: Strapi (Headless CMS), Node.js, Next.js, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS
Project scope: 4 months with 5 B-works team members