Layered Process Audit Software
The Layered Process Audit Software was developed as a mobile application for conducting audits and assigning measures, as well as an admin dashboard for managing and assessing statistics, at plants in the United States, Italy, and Germany
Alupress operates Layered Process Audits (LPAs), a quality technique that focuses on observing and validating how products are made rather than inspecting finished products.
Project category: Digital Product
Title: Alupress Layered Process Audit Software Application
Client: Alupress AG, Italy
Objectives: Development of a Layered Process Audit Tool (LPA) software application that pulls employee data from SAP, enables shop floor employees to audit work stations through an intuitive user experience (UX), whose content can be dynamically entered and customized (e.g. audit questions), and directly displays the measures to be completed by the respective employee in the measures list in SharePoint Server 2016 via an API. In addition, the audit data should be displayed in a management dashboard and evaluated with benefit for quality control and management. The project goals included:
- Facilitating the usability of the questionnaire: i.e. engagement of the end user performing the audit.
- The app should work on all operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile) regardless of the device used (desktop, tablet, mobile).
- The app should work at all Alupress locations (United States, Italy, and Germany).
- The collected data should be analyzable in order to track it sustainably and to be able to use it for quality management purposes.
- In addition to the app, there should be a platform for tracking the fulfillment of the measures (dashboard).
- Tracking of measures: measures for negative audit results (“NOK" answers) should appear in the respective employee's list of measures in SharePoint 2016.
B-works role: Ideation, Strategy, User Experience Design, User Interface Design, Software Development
Technology: Laravel (backend), Angular 6 (desktop frontend), Ionic (mobile frontend), Sass (shared style sheets between desktop and mobile), Cypress (testing automation for business logic), API to SAP, connection to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
Project size: 5 B-works team members over 100 days